Ellie Day #9 and The Definition of CHAOS!

Sunday, November 17, 2013
This blog was the perfect name for our life today! Our morning started out crazy enough. Jordan woke up, went out to make himself a cup of coffee but it wouldn't work. Came in (Yes - I was still sleeping. More like half awake) and tries to turn the T.V. on. No luck. Next thing I know he is pulling the string to turn the nightstand lamp on over and over again. Finally I turned to him and said, "Bubba, I think it's safe to say the power is out!" Finally he gave up and let out a big sigh and said "I need my coffee." 

Next thing you know we are getting in the car, still in our pajamas, no shoes and running to Starbucks to grab my parents, Jordan and I some coffee. Oh, that's not all! It gets better....

Eleven o'clock rolls around and my Dad gets a call from a friend saying that he was driving on the highway near our neighborhood and there were 4-6 cop cars that have pulled a car over, no driver, and the cops are running into the woods. As he is on the phone, we see cops driving through the neighborhood. Now, a Case woman is snoopy. We can't help it. Next thing you know my Mom is outside talking to a cop and he informs us that there is a man on the lose that ran towards our neighborhood and he is very dangerous. He was wanted for attempted murder! Then the cop throws in a nice "he is wearing a white t-shirt and you won't miss him because he has blood all over him." Ummmm.....

Mom and I run inside to update the guys and they pop up faster then you can say "HOT POTATO" and go off to grab their guns. I have to say, I felt more safe in that moment than I have in a long time! After that "lovely" information, we thought it would be a good idea to just leave for the day and pray that by the time we get back he is in custody. Thankfully, he was found and arrested. Whew! BIG sigh of relief.

The 10 o'clock news did cover the story and let the public know that the woman he stabbed multiple times is in critical condition so please pray that she makes a full recovery! She is most definitely in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

So to say I'm exhausted is an understatement, and because of that Ellie wasn't too creative tonight. We have wine holders on the wall that Ellie fit perfectly in. So here she is...hanging out!




Besides the commotion that went on today, I got a lot of wedding organizing done tonight. Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? I think I'll add Pinterest to one of the things I'm thankful for over Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Tonight my focus was ceremony decor and I'm struggling to pick between these two beautiful ideas!
Decisions, decisions! 

Hope you all had a more relaxing day than we did today. 
Count your blessings and say your prayers tonight! 
You never know what tomorrow will bring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top