6 Easy, Cheap and Festive Ways to Decorate for Halloween

Tuesday, October 21, 2014


After surfing Pinterest for Halloween decorations for far too long, I finally came up with a short list of my own Halloween decorations that are cheap, simple and festive without looking too cheap and simple. Afterall, I am a woman on a budget!

[1] Outdoor Decor
This only cost me $3 and I already had a group of older ladies walk by and tell me they loved my bats. Ha! All you need is black craft paper, scissors, and heavy duty duck tape. 

Steps...
1. Fold the paper in half and draw half of the bat. 
2. Cut it out and there you have your first bat! 
3. Continue to fold paper in half and trace half of the bat you cut out earlier with a pencil.
4. Cut, and tape them into a path across your front door. Viola!



[2] Garlands
A garland is the easiest and best way to decoration your fireplace. I found this felt garland on West Elm and bought the bat garland from Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard.




[3] Printables
I know, I know. I sell printables on Etsy so this may seem a little biased but it's such an easy, cheap and festive way to decorate.




[4] Chalk Art
I have changed what's on my chalkboard every week this month. It's so simple but festive! (There's that word again!)





[5] DIY Crafts
I bought frames (50% off at Hobby Lobby), striped orange and black scrapbook paper, wooden letters, black paint and black glitter to make these framed signs.




[6] CANDLES!
Seriously. Candles are some of the most festive things ever! I have candles all over my house from small tea lights in orange votives to black candles in lanterns (the black flame candle of course!).




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top