So, my husband sleep talks...

Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Picture this...
It's about midnight. Jordan has been asleep for about two hours now. Me? I'm being my usual night owl self and am still wide ass awake.
Finally, I turn myself over so I'm laying on my side and facing Jordan. Jordan is facing me as well. I decide to close my eyes for a few minutes to see if I can force myself to sleep. I cant.
So, I open my eyes and...ah. Jordan is staring at me. Like full on no blinking, sees through my soul kind of stare.  I wait a few seconds to try and figure out if he's actually awake or if he's just creepy sleeping with his eyes open...
Jordan: Hi
Me: uh. Hi.
Ok. He's awake. He must not be able to sleep either...
Jordan: I told you.
Me: Told me what?
Jordan: That it wouldn't be enough rope and duct tape.
Nope. He's asleep ...and plotting a murder? And he wonders why I can't sleep.

Sadly, this happens more often than not. 
A few years ago he woke me up to ask me, "What the heck is up with the color red?"

Another example? When we started house hunting two months ago, he proved that it was seeping into his dreams. 
One night I couldn't sleep (are you seeing an ongoing trend here? I don't sleep!) so I decided to get on my phone. While sitting in the dark, Jordan lifts his sleepy head, points to the end of the bed and says, "Whoa! Look at all of those houses over there!" 
It creeped me out just enough that I decide to point my cell phone light towards the end of the bed when all of a sudden Jordan grunts and says, "Well now I can't see them because of your damn flashlight." 
Lays his head back down and passes back out.

So, what's the point of all of this? It seems as though my Facebook friends enjoy these sleep talking stories so I thought I would start sharing them on here from time to time as well (he is NOT going to like this...) Also, the next few weeks/months have a lot going on so I want to keep the busy me enjoying the small funny moments.
Don't worry, I'll try to have weird conversations with him before we go to bed so it comes out while he's sleeping!

XO,
Kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top