Home Sweet Home

Sunday, September 20, 2015
It's been 109 days since Jordan accepted his new job and I started to mentally prepare myself for leaving the wonderful city of Fayetteville. It's been 104 days (I was in denial for five days) since we started house hunting. And it's been 42 days since we moved to Mountain Home.

That means that we have been house hunting for a couple of months now. Since this is our first house, we haven't taken this decision lightly. But, for those of you who know us well, we know what we want when we see it. We are very decisive people.

Even though we have lived in Arkansas for two years now, we still can't get over how cheap housing is down here! Moving from Iowa, that's certainly something that doesn't always ring true when house hunting in the North. You can get a lot of square footage on a piece of beautiful land in a great neighborhood for almost nothing to what it costs up there in the Hawkeye state. 

Like I mentioned in a previous post, our must have list keeps growing but ultimately we want a house that we can fix up just enough to make it our own. Our biggest hurdle we have had to overcome while house hunting is location and views. We want it in a good location (who doesn't?) but overall, we don't want the house next to us to be all up in our face and we really don't want a house directly behind us. We looked for places in the country but the houses we loved weren't in our price range. 

So, to keep me motivated I've been pinning like a madman on Pinterest and thought I would share a few pictures that are inspiring both Jordan and I to make whatever house we decide on a perfect home for us.

I love all of the white and the old farmhouse feel. 

Again, all of the white with details of black just seems so classic to me.

Exposed brick because, well, it's my weakness!

White subway tile and a big ole farmhouse sink pulls at my heartstrings.

A fridge drawer just for beer?! Oh my gosh! Brilliant. 

Colonial times just ring out to me for some reason and nothing feels more like the colonial period than candles and lanterns. I want wall lanterns everywhere around the house. Specifically on both sides of the fireplace and especially the front door.

Until we can get/move into this perfect house we have in our heads (that may take awhile), I'll continue dreaming along side Jordan on Pinterest. Hope you're having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top