House Hunting

Friday, September 4, 2015
This week has been exciting! I accepted a job offer and get to start next week, Jordan and I have been house hunting, and I have been working on some fun stuff that I will share very very soon!!!

When it comes to the house, Jordan and I are looking for a home that we can fix up and make our own. With my handy man and my love for home decorating, I think we can easily turn a dull house into a diamond.

We really aren't picky people but we keep adding more to our "must have" list. It started as this...


Have you ever watched House Hunters and wanted to smack the people that were way too picky? We are becoming those people! We aren't that picky with the inside of the house but more with everything surrounding the house.

Odds are, this won't be our forever house so one of our biggest concerns is whether or not the location we buy will be an easy location to sell.

Naturally, I've already been searching Pinterest for home ideas. I'm calling my style, Modern Colonial Farmhouse. Not sure if that's a thing, but it is now! 

Exposed brick

White kitchen cabinets, black handles, subway tile backsplash.

Lanterns. Lots and lots of wall lanterns.

Beautiful fireplace. I love this one but I also love if the black brick were red brick.

Dark wood floors that looks like they are holding years of stories.

A lot of the houses down here have screened in porches. We love these screened doors as well.

Double front doors are big down here as well. I love the black with the two large lanterns.

Built in mudroom, because....duh.

That sink and stand. Love!

Of course, it will take time to fix up a house to how I have it pictured in my head but we are up for the challenge and I'm dreaming of the day we move into our future home!

Wish us luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top