6 months away from the big day!!!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
WE'RE EXACTLY 6 MONTHS 
AWAY FROM THE BIG DAY!
Church bells ring, are ya listenin'!
(Yes - Christmas may be over but I'm still in the Christmas spirit and usually am until Valentines Day.)

My, my how time flys! It's hard to believe that we have been engaged for 9 months already. It feels like only yesterday that Jordan took me on a hike and nervously got down on one knee. Goodness he was cute!
Here's the few things I've done recently to prepare for the big day.

1. We booked the DJ
The DJ sets the tone right? Well, at least that's what I think. Other weddings I have been to that hired DJ's have just set behind their computers and pushed play. Yes, that was it! So I wanted more. Then I heard about Brock Entertainment and of course heard nothing but amazing things. Naturally, I had to book them immediately for the wedding. Lights, music, DANCING!

2. I ordered patio lights for the barn
The more lights the better! At least, that's what I think. I love Christmas lights but felt that these patio lights would be PERFECT for a Southern July barn wedding. Plus, we can use them in our own back yard. That's not all - we also got them at a great price! Thanks Target, I can always count on you!

3. We have purchased the groomsmen gifts and part of the bridesmaids gifts
Shhhh.....they can't know what they are getting! As much as I want to share I can't. I can tell you that Jordan and I really think the groomsmen will LOVE their gift!

4. We're starting to plan showers and bachelor/bachelorette party's!
Jordan and I are far from the going out and getting crazy type. I would choose a sports game over dressing up and going out any day! You give me sports and a beer and I'm one VERY happy girl. Jordan is the same. Give him a fishing pole or the chance to go hunting and that is his ultimate choice. We are meant to be.

5. We have almost all of the Save the Dates out
We still have a few to send out but for the most part they are all done. And to our surprise, we have been contacted by many who are planning on coming. THE MORE THE MERRIER! I'm so excited for guests who have never been to Fayetteville to experience it's beauty. Plus, I miss all my Iowa people more than words can explain. COME ON JULY!

6. and of course I have spent many hours on Etsy and Pinterest
I seriously think that I could plan the rest of this wedding in one day no problem. I've waited 6 years for forever with this man. July can't come fast enough!

Hope you all have a happy happy hump day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top