Pottery Barn Knock Off Witches Broom

Monday, August 24, 2015
I love witches!!! It's my go to Halloween costume.

          One, because I can't ever think of a good Halloween costume.

          Two, because I already have everything for a witch on hand at all times.

          and three, because it's the best Halloween costume anyways! Duh.

Regardless, I told Jordan that right now we live in the perfect house with the perfect amount of creepy for Halloween and I'm going to take full advantage of that.

So, I came up with a fun, easy and extremely cheap Halloween decoration to put on the front porch.

A DIY Witches Broom!

Pottery Barn is selling theirs for $129. This broom, only cost me $3! Save yourself $126 dollars without losing the awesome front porch decor.



Here's what you'll need....
     A long stick (for the handle)
     String from around the house (it won't be seen)
     Raffia (I bought a three pack from Hobby Lobby in the fall section that was 40% off)
     Some hay or many small sticks from around your house (both will work!)

Living in the country has its advantages. I was able to grab almost everything I needed for this in my own backyard but even if you don't live in the country, get creative! 


Step 1: 
Take your pile of grass, bundle it all together and lay it on the ground.

Step 2:
Make an opening towards the top of your bundle and place your handle (large stick) down.

Step 3:
Bundle the grass evenly around the stick then use string from around the house to tie it together tightly.

Step 4:
Take your Raffia and wind it around the string. To hold it there, pull the end through one of the loops used to wrap around the broom.

Step 5:
For a more secure knot, take a glue gun and start gluing away at whatever you think may be lose or wherever you think may help to hold it in place. Then lastly, cut the remaining Raffia off, hot glue it down and...

Voila!! Your DIY witches broom!


Happy witching!!

XO,
Kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top