Our Wedding Part 1

Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Our photographer, Kelsey Tice Photography, was AMAZING and caught so many images of the day that I want to share. However, because there are so many I'm going to start with Our Wedding Part 1 which consists of some of the small details, attire and decor.

Enjoy!


I bought my dress at a little shop in Des Moines, Iowa called Bridal Elegance. My dress is part of the Allure Romance line. It was perfect!

After searching every tux shop around, I couldn't find what I wanted so my Mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I made the journey to JC Penny and found everything we needed for sale. The men's outfits ended up being about $70. The big plus side was that they got to keep everything as well!

As for my lovely ladies, I searched everywhere for floral dresses. After a lot of searching, I found the perfect dresses on Modcloth.com. They were originally $200 but I got them on sale for $50! When I found them there were only 10 left. Can you say lucky?!


I did not spend a dime on my shoes. In fact, I wore them to my cousins wedding two years ago. After months of searching for the perfect shoes I couldn't find anything. One day while cleaning out our closet I came across these and instantly freaked out. I totally forgot I had them but they ended up being the perfect shoes for the wedding.



A bible with a lace bow was what our Godson, Nephew and ring bearer carried down the isle.




The shotgun shells were my attempt to add a little more Jordan to all of the pink and fluff. They held any small sign around the reception.

Once the reception started, all the candles went under the wine bottles to light up the stairs behind the head table. They were perfect! Refer back to this post on how we made them.


All of the printable signs were made by me and are up on my Etsy Shop for sale.

After many ideas of giveaway gifts, Jordan and I decided on match boxes. Jordan needed matches to light his celebratory cigar after the ceremony anyway. Hand in hand, right?


 
This is my Great Grandma Kelley's old dresser. It was the perfect touch for the end of the isle during the ceremony. The box on the dresser was made by Jordan and filled with a bottle of Templeton Rye, notes to eachother and notes from our parents. When we come to a hard time in our marriage or an anniversary, we open the box and read the letter, enjoy a glass of whiskey (whiskey sour for me) and have a night to ourselves.


My gift to my Mom and Mother-in-law. I purchased them from Napa Embroidery (Etsy Shop)



The fans/ceremony fliers were made by yours truly. They are not currently on my Etsy shop simply because I don't have the time to create too many personalized printables but will hopefully be someday.

The centerpieces on all the tables were borrowed from my Aunt and Cousin. She used them for her wedding two years ago and they worked out PERFECTLY for our wedding. I couldn't thank them enough for all the work they put into those. 

I didn't get too creative with our guestbook but always loved the idea of little messages in a frame. I bought our simple silver frame from Target.

Our deserts consisted of petit fours and cheesecake bites. Two of our favorites!







There were a few small details I forgot to put out the day of (we weren't able to decorate until the morning of so it was a little rushed) but the day turned out perfect anyways!

A big big BIG thank you to all of our family and friends that got there bright and early the morning of to help us decorate. More pictures to come soon! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top