'Tis the Season!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013
I am convinced I met the real Santa Claus tonight. Seriously! My family, Jordan and I went down to see the lights on the Square and Regan really wanted to go see Santa. Now, if you live in Fayetteville, you know that they go ALL out on Santa around here for the square. I've never wanted to stay in one place for as long as possible until tonight. You had to pay to take a picture of your own, so of course I didn't get any pictures but now I wish I would have. Might have to take Regan back just to get a picture with Santa! I mean me, not Regan! ;) I'm sure Santa wouldn't mind.

Anyways, you walk back surrounded by Christmas lights, plants and bushes and the first thing you see is a reindeer just hanging out. Yes, a real reindeer. Regan said it was Rudolph and she's probably right. ;) Then as you wait in line, sitting in front of you is a white tent where Santa is. That tent just taunts you because everyone walking out is saying, "that was so cool" and "it's amazing back there." Yes - rub it in while I wait in line. Finally, it's our turn and we walk back into the tent and there is a whole living room setting. Real fireplace burning behind Santa (with a real white beard, I might add), while he sits in a big chair right next to a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. This was no mall Santa. And he definitely didn't smell of beef and cheese (Elf reference).

Then instead of just asking Regan what she wanted, he started the conversation with, "Ah, I'm so glad you came back to see me this year!" That put a huge smile on Regan's face. Then he asks her what she wants for Christmas. After she tells him, he told her that "if you give the reindeer bubblegum, they blow big bubbles out their ears!" Regan thought that was hilarious. All in all, he was seriously the best Santa Claus I've ever seen. Real beard and all. And to be completely honest, I'm not sure who was more excited. Me? Or Regan?


Now I suppose we can get on with this post.... ;)
I have been terrible at keeping you all up to date on Ellie! To be honest, I've been so terrible that all my days are even getting mixed up. So this post will be very unorganized, which will drive me absolutely nuts!! :(

These are all from days #20-#24!

Getting her morning coffee!


Sneaking into the Thanksgiving leftovers!


Hanging by the keg-orator.



Enjoying this year's Christmas tree! Up close and personal.

And certainly not least, our beautiful Christmas tree!



I wish this picture actually showed how truly beautiful it is. I think maybe I'll ask for a camera for Christmas? 

Anyways, I have to share how excited we all were about this years Christmas tree! We got it at Walmart. Yes. That honkin' thing was purchased at Walmart for a whoppin' $49! And it's HUGE and BEAUTIFUL! When I say huge, I mean huge. We had to use my dad's 11ft ladder to decorate the top of the tree. By far the best tree we have ever had. And to think my parents almost went and bought a smaller and more expensive tree at a tree farm! Psh. ;)

Now back to the busy wedding planning and studying for my real estate test! 
Hope your Christmas trees are all light up and decorated! 'Tis the season!
Happy Decemeber!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top