Bunkered Down

Thursday, December 5, 2013
We had our first snow day ice day in Arkansas! There is no way you could call today a snow day. It was a day full of freezing rain and sleet.Winter Storm Cleon moved through Fayetteville. Being used to the Iowa snowstorms, Jordan and I were laughing at the chaos that Fayetteville turned into! We went to Walmart last night and the second we walked in, the cart area was completely cleared out. Walking further into the store, we saw people walking by us with a cart full, and I mean a cart full of grocery's! One woman had at least 10 loafs of bread. Was she thinking she was going to be trapped in her house for weeks? Good grief. Besides that, isles were completely empty. Especially the chip isle which also made us laugh! As crazy as it was, I do understand with the ice. But I can still say Faytown people are a bunch of weenies! ;)

During our "ice day", I got a lot of wedding stuff done and Regan and I made brownies. Then we all watched Monsters University, which was awesome! Ha! While we were making brownies, Ray turned to me as she was licking the bowl clean, "This was the best snow day ever!" I felt the exact same Ray. ;)

As for Ellie, she has been all over the house again. From the Kitchen to the front sitting room now the dining room. 


Ellie the Elf Day #25

She found herself hanging from the light above the kitchen island. Regan says, since she can fly she can hide up high. I guess she's right?



Ellie the Elf Day #26

We have a Santa Countdown to Christmas hanging in our front sitting room. Every day, Regan moves the candy cane closer and closer to the 25th. So for day #26, Ellie replaced the candy cane.



Ellie the Elf Day #27

We have a Santa sitting in the dining room, and if you haven't figured it out yet, we LOVE the movie Elf. I warned you all at the beginning of all of this that I would find ways to incorporate Elf. I think I've been pretty calm about it so far. 



Hope you're all cozy and warm and avoiding Winter Storm Cleon! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top