Merry Christmas from the Lindamans!

Monday, December 28, 2015
I've been a little MIA when it comes to posting lately.  I don't really have a good excuse as to why. At least I'm admitting it! ;) Besides the normal Christmas shenanigans, we haven't been doing too much. We have done a little more in the bedroom and have put up a few more decorations, but as far as major changes go, we decided to wait until after Christmas.

The past few days were spent in Iowa celebrating Christmas with family. After enjoying 70 degree days here in Arkansas, we found it to be a little too cold for our liking! None the less, we pushed through because after all, we got to see our family! It went by too quickly!


The drive there was long. We left the house at 5am so we could get there about 2pm and this girl wasn't having it in the back seat. No matter how hard we tried, she'd sneak to the front but we were ok with that. After all, cuddling with her is by far one of the best things ever.

After 9 hours on the road, we finally made it to chilly Iowa. Our first stop? No. Not to see family... PANCHERO'S! ;) Priorities, y'all!


After stuffing our faces with burritos and queso, my father-in-law pulled out a big tote that was full of things from Jordan's childhood. I had a blast going through this! He was something else, I tell ya! But, in that deep pile of crazy, the picture on the top was this (above). Jordan and I at our senior prom; when Jordan had Bieber hair and my boobs hadn't come in yet. We had been dating about 6 months when this was taken. Who would've known that would become forever?! Not me!

To be honest, that first afternoon in Iowa was by far our calmest of the four days. That night we celebrated Christmas with my in-laws, the next day was with the McGregor's, the following day was Santa with the Lindaman's and then Christmas with the Gifford's and on the last day we had Christmas with the Case's. 

We didn't sit down for four straight days! On top of that, Jordan and I started to feel a little sick to our stomachs. I think it had to do with the following...
1. we weren't sleeping well
2. we were out of our environment (we missed that 70 degree sunshine!) 
3. we were constantly driving and on the move from one place to another
4. we ate a lot of sweets. I mean, a lot!

Our truck was our second home for those four days. One thing I don't think some will ever understand, is how exhausting Christmas is for those who have to travel more than a few hours. It's worth every second but I could sleep for day's right now!




This was take 1569465 of throwing snow in the air!

Jordan sharing in the excitement of Santa gifts. A few minutes after this picture was taken, these three disappeared to the basement to play with the presents. 

This picture cracks me up! 
Baby Alza: "Oop's, maybe no one will notice I puked on the dog!"


She loved the snow. She did not love the fact that I made her stop playing to take a picture...

We got home last night, picked up some take out, popped in a move we won in an Elephant Gift Exchange, covered up with a blanket we got for Christmas and legitimately sat down for the first time in days. It felt amazing, and I have to say, by the time we went to bed, it didn't take us long to pass out and go into a deep snore kind of sleep.

Now we will just count down the days until we get to see our family again and actually sit down and enjoy each other's company! Miss and love you all already!

Hope you all had as wonderful of a Christmas as we did!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top