Is it November yet?

Saturday, October 10, 2015
I've never wanted an October to be over ever! But, I'm counting down the days until we can get our hands on this house and start getting some work done to make it our own. Until that time comes, I've been researching anything and everything and have the house pictured in my head exactly how I hope it will look once we are done with it.

So, to continue with the home decorating dream, I'm going to share a few more Pinspiring images that I hope we can make happen in our home.

Also, I thought I'd share a few pictures of our house! From here on out, I will continue to share images of our new home and what our plans are for each room. Here goes nothin'! :)


This is our living room. Eventually, the walls surrounding the fireplace will either be knocked down opening the kitchen to the living room or the doorways will be expanded. But for now, here is our to do list:
  • Paint walls grey/beige
  • Paint trim and doors white
  • Replace lighting
  • Replace blinds
  • Remove heat baseboards along back wall
  • Update fireplace

When it comes to the fireplace, I'm not sure what I want yet. All I know is that I promised Jordan a large, old, charm filled beam from Iowa as our mantle. As for the rest of the look of the fireplace, here are a few images I found on Pinterest that I'm leaning towards...


Decisions, decisions! :)

The second image I wanted to share of our house is one of two screened in porches. I think we will spend a lot of time here. 


Here's our to do list for this area:
  • Replace ugly carpet with a cool brick floor or wood/decking (not sure yet)
  • Long term: the outside of the house will be painted/redone which means the siding in the screened in porch will eventually change as well

As far as decorations go, I would love to take all of the string lines we had at our wedding and string them all over the ceiling, hang sheer white curtains, and bring in some homey outdoor furniture/ or hang a fun swing. Can't forget all of the candles and lanterns that will be strategically placed everywhere!

Here are a few screened in porches I found online that I like the feeling of...


Oh my gosh... seriously. Come on Novemeber!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

XO,
Kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top