Christmas Gift Ideas for Men (Made by Men!)

Monday, December 1, 2014

I did what I think every girl does this time of year. I turned to Pinterest for stocking stuffer and gift ideas for my husband but I came up short. 

Everything I saw was FAR from what Jordan would actually want and use. 
An expensive cardigan? HA! 
A high class shave set? Nope. 
An infinity scarf? Are they serious? 

To be honest, I think half the women that create those on Pinterest only put all that stuff together because the colors coordinate. Seriously though. Go take a look and tell me I'm wrong!

So, I took it upon myself to come up with a list of Christmas gift ideas for men and the most important part of this post is that this list was made by men

I asked guys (from our close friends and family to Facebook friends) what they would love to see under the tree this year. I wanted ideas from stocking stuffers to big gifts. 

Don't worry ladies, I didn't include the requested cars, guns and riding lawnmowers. (I got your back!) ;)

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | Ten | Eleven | Twelve | Thirteen | Fourteen
(You can click on the corresponding number to purchase exactly what's pictured!)

One | A bottle opener
It seems so simple but it tends to be one of the main things men love and use but rarely buy for themselves. At least, they rarely buy themselves a nice one that will last them forever.

Two| A giftcard
Jordan loves to hunt and fish so his ultimate place is Bass Pro. In fact, most of our guy friends who I reached out to put this at the top of their Christmas list. Another big one was a giftcard to Home Depot or Lowes. 

Three | Beer
Duh! Another obvious one that men want. I suggest their favorite beer or a beer they have been wanting to try but always forget to buy until they have swiped their card and are heading back to the car.

Four | Whiskey Stones
Jordan's drink of choice is Whiskey (if you skipped ahead and saw the bottle of Templeton, we will get more into that in a bit).  We got whiskey stones for our wedding but this was another one that our guy friends added to the list.

Five | Mini Nerf Gun
This is a little something fun for Christmas morning. If I dare get this for Jordan, I know he will be ripping that thing out of it's packaging so fast and will be shooting everything in sight. So, maybe make this the last thing they open if you go with it? Ha!

Six | Yeti Cooler
Yeti! Oh, Yeti. The nicest cooler around. Seriously. Jordan and I want one so bad but they are not cheap folks! So, this is more of a big gift idea for your guy but one I think every guy would love to get. 

Seven | Thermos
Jordan has many Thermos' but "many" isn't always enough. Almost every one of our guy friends owns one of these but they tend to get beat up after awhile.

Eight | Slippers
This one wasn't as "manly" as the rest of the gifts but it's definitely one most men enjoy whether they admit it or not. Who doesn't love toasty toes?

Nine | Stocking Hat
Carhartt is the way to go. They are so warm and come in a million colors. Another gift that the guys put in the safe bet category.

Ten | Beard Pack
This was strictly from Jordan. His beard has been getting out of hand. No matter how much I bug him to trim it, his stubborn side get's more stubborn (didn't think that was possible. Psh!) and he refuses. The only win-win outcome is to tame the beard. 

Eleven | Zippo
And again, another top gift idea from the guys. A zippo lighter. Not only did almost all of them want this but it's a good gift idea because most men want it but won't buy it for themselves.

Twelve | Bodywash
I always try to throw in a little something like this for Jordan when I can. However, when I do, I need to make sure it's "manly" enough for this manly man. That's why Sasqwash is a safe bet if you go this route.

Thirteen | Wool Socks
Like women to shoes, Jordan is to wool socks. The man could fill an entire dresser with just wool socks. But, he's not the only one! A lot of the guys I got help from requested these as well. They are awesome for hunting season. If you live in the frigid North, this is a must have. I would be lying if I said I didn't own a few pairs myself.

Fourteen | Whiskey
And last but certainly not least, Templeton Rye Whiskey. A household favorite between our guy friends and family. This Iowa whiskey is Jordan's all time favorite. So, if all else fails I buy him this because he's always thrilled.


If you have other ideas, please throw them my way! 
I would love to keep accumulating this list for the next few years to come.
Happy Christmas shopping!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top